The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for African Students is now open for Graduate Application at Michigan State University USA for 2018/2019 academic year.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students who are already enrolled in degree programs in Africa or elsewhere are not eligible for the program. Students who are accepted to the program demonstrate the following qualities:
- Prior completion of a bachelor’s degree from an African University with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as a graduate student.
- Strong commitment to a professional path in line with an area of study that can positively impact Africa.
- Demonstrated interest and capacity for serving others through engagement in volunteer activities in school, college, or community.
- Leadership potential.
- Ability to cope with change, and interest in other countries and cultures.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin.
- Commitment to return to serve home country or region in ways that enhance economic growth and social development.
How To Apply
To apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, fill out the Scholar’s Program graduate application.
Students with multiple names or nicknames must be careful and consistent when submitting application materials (academic documents, English language test results, etc.). Inconsistency in the student name listed on application materials could delay or halt the processing of an application. Students should apply using their name as it appears or would appear on the student’s passport.
MSU requires official academic documents to be sent by mail and do not accept academic documents sent via email as official.
Resubmitting an Application
Graduate applicants may request a change of semester by contacting their department. Applicants do not need to resubmit academic documents already received by the MSU Office of Admissions. Students only need to submit:
- Missing materials or new academic information not provided with the initial application for admission;
- An updated MSU MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program application and recommendation form
The updated application and recommendation form for the following fall are first made available in September on the Graduate Application page.
Deadline: February 1, 2018