The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
The Bank is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, we are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects our diversity agenda, including gender, geographies and languages, among others.
The African Development Bank’s Strategy for 2013–2022 reflects the aspirations of the entire African continent. It is firmly rooted in a deep understanding and experience of how far Africa has come in the last decade, and where it wishes to go to in the next.
This strategy places the Bank on a path to maintain its role as a key player in Africa’s quest to achieve substantial economic development and social cohesion (Inclusive Growth), while promoting the sustainable use of all natural resources (Green Growth).
The twin objectives are supported by five operational priorities and three areas of cross-cutting emphasis (fragile states, food security and gender) in which the Bank has comparative advantage and trust.
The Bank seeks to position itself at the ‘center of Africa’s transformation’.
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 45 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
How to Apply
- Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
- Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
- Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.